The non-residential counseling program, offering services to families with at-risk children to keep crises from becoming catastrophes, ages 6-17.
The Family Place offers non-residential counseling services to families who may or may not be in crisis (with school age youth) in the Big Bend region of North Florida. CCYS has counselors in Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla, Tayler, Madison, Franklin, and Jefferson counties. Services are generally available within 24-48 hours. The goal of the program is keeping families together and alleviating the problems that are presented.
- Family, individual and group counseling
- Early intervention for families in crisis
- Consultation and referrals to other agencies and services
- Comprehensive assessment, treatment planning and case management for youth and families
- Other specialized services, such as school groups
Specific group counseling is offered throughout the year for Anger Management, Self Esteem, Conflict Resolution and other areas where need is identified. There are no fees for counseling and services are confidential.
Family counseling services may be scheduled by:
- Calling (850)576.6000, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Actual appointment times
are more flexible, between 11am to 7pm Monday through Friday. Crisis calls are accepted at this
number 24 hours a day.
- Faxing our Referral Form to our office at (850) 576.2580. NOTE: Please call if this is a referral for
immediate shelter. Faxes will be reviewed during business hours.
- Referral forms can also be emailed to Jason@ccys.org.
Anyone can refer a family (teachers, law enforcement, churches, etc.) Staff will screen the referral for
eligibility and schedule an appointment for counseling if appropriate. Usually appointments are scheduled
within 24 to 48 hours.